Help KDA Two-Step Across the Bakersfield Marathon Finish Line!
We are running for the arts, and we need YOUR help to cross the finish line!
KDA is participating in the Bakersfield Marathon on Sunday, March 27, and we are running to increase the visibility of our cause and raise funds for our programs!!
With YOUR help we will be encouraged to cross the finish line by putting our mission in motion and keeping in step with our stride.
Donations are in increments of marathon-inspired amounts and start at JUST $6.21 (representing the mileage of a 10k)! No donation is too small or too big, and, as always, we are very grateful for your support.
Below are a few of the reasons we are running to raise money for KDA in 2022. With YOUR generous support, we will feel encouraged to be pushed towards the finish line on March 27!
- Your DONATION will give 600 youths a vision of hope as they are given a chance to dance through programs like Dancing with the Angels.
- Your DONATION will offer 89 families of children with disabilities the opportunity to participate in ADAPTIdance: DANCE + DISABILITY and experience the joy of movement.
- Your DONATION will help give 40 young girls increase their confidence by participating in SHINE for Girls and exploring STEM careers through dance.
- Your DONATION will help dismantle illiteracy in Kern County by encouraging 3000 children to read through participating in Books in Motion: DANCE + LITERACY.
- Your DONATION will provide more dance/movement therapy programs, like MemoryMOVES, MightyMOVERS, and HealingMOTION, for those who request behavioral and emotional therapy.
- Your DONATION will motivate Kern County creatives to DREAM BIG through the KDA grants and scholarship program!
Because of people like YOU, KDA has come a long way since our launch in 2015!
Celebrating seven years, Kern Dance Alliance (KDA) is an all-volunteer nonprofit dance advocacy organization promoting and supporting dance + the arts in Kern County. KDA has provided dance-related opportunities to over 60,000 community members, raised over $350,000 to enhance Kern’s arts offerings, and has been nominated for six Beautiful Bakersfield Awards.
KDA is committed to providing quality opportunities and experiences in 2022 and we need YOUR HELP to keep moving Kern County.
By contributing to KDA, you can BE PROUD of your partnership and role in supporting arts and culture in Kern County. Give the gift of movement and dance - donate to KDA TODAY!
Kern Dance Alliance is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Tax ID #: 77-0437598
Kern Dance Alliance, PO Box 12407, Bakersfield, CA. 93389